I consider myself a burger connoisseur if you will. Why? Well I grew up with the best burger in town 1 block from my house and it also served as my bus stop in elementary school. Am I biased? Yeah, I guess so but it is truly a Portland staple and the best burger in town! Of course this is my opinion only and considering the abundance of great food here in the city this is purely MY favorite places.
MY TOP 5 BURGERS IN PORTLAND
Just to clarify this is not a list of the coolest most hip places to eat here in the city. If you are looking for the best burger in Portland according to a food critic than here is a link to the Portland’s best burger count down by Adam Lindsey from the Oregonian. This is a list of my favorite, always accessible and reasonably priced burgers. Got it? Okay good now let’s talk burgers.
- STANICHES: Established in 1949 Staniches has been serving up the “Worlds greatest” burger and making all us locals some happy campers for a long time. The “worlds greatest” or the special as we call it, is a burger that is stacked high with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, beef patty, ham, bacon, a fried egg and the special sauce. I always get mine with extra sauce and extra pickles. This place is so special to my husband and I that we went there to eat before my prom. Totally my #1 pick for best burger in Portland. *** Just so happens that my post was being written when this one was published, naming the cheese burger at Staniches the best in the nation. WHAT WHAT!!!!
- KILLER BURGER: Killer burger is a VERY close second with my favorite the PBPB. This is a burger with peanut butter, bacon, and pickles. Don’t knock it till you try it! It’s Daaaamn good. This is not a place to take people who have nut allergies or are vegetarian/vegan. Every burger has bacon, nough said.
- HOP WORKS: Hop Works urban brewery has a delicious and always piping hot burger. This is a locally sourced burger through and through! It is always extra juicy and fresh tasting, This is a great place to take your vegan/vegetarian friends and also they are allergy friendly. Don’t forget that they are a brewery so drink some suds while your there. Not to mention they have an awesome staff!
- McMINAMINS: serves a delicious burger. The Captain Neon is the name and it shines bright. Piled high with blue cheese and juicy as it wants to be! Don’t miss out on the tots! So yummy. Again they have some mighty fine beer on tap. Drink up and spend the night if you can’t drive home.
- BRUNCH BOX:Brunch box is a gut bomb. In the best way a gut bomb can be. They have been featured on the food network for their grilled cheese sandwiches instead of traditional buns. Make sure to leave time to take a nice nap after consuming this guy.
Now all you have to do is take some cholesterol lowering meds and take a nap! You will not be disappointed with any of these burger joints.